FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

What was the last DVD you bought...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Movie & Video Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject:  You're probably going to laugh at me... Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
Ok, before I say this I should explain first, I usually don't buy DVDs that often and when I do it's because it's cheap or because I really want to watch the movie and I can't find or rent it anywhere.

With that said: I purchased Good Burger, but hey, it was only $4 new at circuit city. I'm sure it's a terrible movie but I remember seeing the commercials all the time when I was a kid and I never got so see it so decided I had to get the movie for only $4

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:30 am    Post subject: Good!  Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
I just bought TRANSFORMERS 2007 movie... KILLLLLLLLLLLER... i mean REALLLLY KILLLLLLLLER... it is also funnnnnny too some ofthe scenes will have you laughing your arse off hehe! The movie was well worth owning the dvd!

I got the Dual pack.. dvd pack set.. the movie was just themovie in widescreen format.. no behind the scenes stuff which kinda was a bummer Sad but the other dvd that came with it.. in the dual package was called THE BEGINNINGS.. which was like an comic strip still picture type thing.. of the story of how the transformers came to earth.. that was KILLLLLER.. it was meant to be watched first so you can have an idea the full story behind the movie hehe!

I still wish it had behind the scenes stuff like how ILM did the digital work!.. ILM is way kewl thay can make anythign in the digital world look REAL!!.. but then again i am a star wars phanatic so i guess anythign ILM does IS KILLER!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:29 pm    Post subject:  heavy weights Reply with quote
mauk
Civilian
Civilian

2082 Tokens

Items:
i got heavy weights on dvd, great disney classic about fat camp.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Good!  Reply with quote
mauk
Civilian
Civilian

2082 Tokens

Items:
admin wrote:
I just bought TRANSFORMERS 2007 movie... KILLLLLLLLLLLER... i mean REALLLLY KILLLLLLLLER... it is also funnnnnny too some ofthe scenes will have you laughing your arse off hehe! The movie was well worth owning the dvd!

I got the Dual pack.. dvd pack set.. the movie was just themovie in widescreen format.. no behind the scenes stuff which kinda was a bummer Sad but the other dvd that came with it.. in the dual package was called THE BEGINNINGS.. which was like an comic strip still picture type thing.. of the story of how the transformers came to earth.. that was KILLLLLER.. it was meant to be watched first so you can have an idea the full story behind the movie hehe!

I still wish it had behind the scenes stuff like how ILM did the digital work!.. ILM is way kewl thay can make anythign in the digital world look REAL!!.. but then again i am a star wars phanatic so i guess anythign ILM does IS KILLER!

you might find this entertaining!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeMUlSe1sjM

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 5:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Bummer.. yeah i cant see any Youtube videos.. i have dial up connection and my pc here is very slow. i know it is sad.. iwheni cant weven watch the other videos peopel post links to on here Sad

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
mauk
Civilian
Civilian

2082 Tokens

Items:
aww man that stinks, it's a video of peopls like transformer costumes that actually transform.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
I bought The Transformers in HD. It was worth the money I must say.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
You Know i thought Talladega was pretty kewl.. but if you gave it low rating cause of the stale Will Ferrell style comedy.. yeah i have to rate it that low too! It seems every movie he is in, that you will know what to expect the comedy will be like... it is over redundant stuff he does! It is very stale, other then that i thought the movie was kinda kewl!

VGC wrote:
Well they came into my store so I guess I technically bought them. Heres a couple I watched but dont really Recommend. Talladega Nights ( I give 2.5 out of 5 stars ) and Final Destination 3. Actually started falling asleep watching FD3 so I watch the rest today. Mike : )

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 3:29 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Elf is one of my Favorite Will Ferrell Movies. Recently I took home the Rocky Collection. Watched 1-4 so far. Ive seen them all many times before but Rocky RULES! I also took home a SNL 80's DVD set. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Hehe I have never seen ELF!!

Rocky movies were ok.. though i never did get into them as much as i got into the RAMBO movies.. man now that was a SERIES...of course i love ARMY movies hehehe.. Even though i LOVED ALL the the RAMBOS i still think the first one was the best one cause it was the one that introduced you to him!

Oh to to update this thread.. my latest DVD i bought is ROLLERBALL the classic with James CAAN.. it is on order.. and will be here soon!!! now thats a KILLLLLER MOVIE!!!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 12:35 pm    Post subject:  Pixar Animated Shorts Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
Just bought Pixar Animated shorts on Blu-ray to watch on the PS3.

Did you guys know that Pixar was owned by Lucasfilm and Steve Jobs before Disney bought it?

cool stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 6:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
hehe yeah PIXAR was one of George Lucas's "corperations". He talkes about it in the directors commetarys for one of the star wars movies.. or maybe it on one of ther bonus disk?!?! i forget!.. but yeah that was his creation hehe.. he also talked about NOT WANTINg to be involved in big money hungry corperations when he did the FIRST STAR WARS movie..(a new hope).. but then end up turning in to one of the major big corperations!

I got two NEW MOVIES (DVD) for 4.88$ each... Both brand new still sealed.

STEALTH FULL SCREEN SPECIAL EDITION (2disk)

and

Mothman Prophicies FULL SCREEN!

i also got a new antenna Philips MANT 510.. thinking cause it supposedly had HIGHER GAIN.. i cant get crap on it like i could on my older junkier philips antenna... go figure!

ps... dont mind my typing i just got back from plattsburgh.. and i am soreeeeeeeeeeeeeeee as heck.. my knees are swollen big time and my feet are killing me!.. oh well thats what we get for being old... cool dude brought me.. and he is older then i am and can WALK circles around me heheheh!. and thats when i am in RUNNING MODE heheh!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
I haven't bought any new DVD's. Especially since the HDDVD / Blu Ray wars. I bought the HDDVD because I ahve a 360 and it was a cheap route to go. I bought a few movies but nothing that would upset me about losing the race.
It's still too soon to buy a Blu Ray dvd player as the prices are too high. I do not want to buy a PS3 as I will never play it and rather have a simple dvd player on the rack.
Considering the prices of the players, Im surprised that the dvd's themselves are still as high as they are. I will wait it out. Until then Ill just watch my favorite tv shows online and stick with my 80's movies.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Doode I agree.. and i also dont see a purpose in the high-D or blueray yet if a person still has a normal 4:3 CRT... it would defeating the purpose!.. to me for now the normal DVD is still the way to go and hope that they stay for alongtime to come.. but it is odd cause CRTs TV s are getting hearder to find... I bought a SANSUI 27 inch tv just not to long ago.. cause my RCA which was a 26 incher (one ince smaller) it's colour got all screwed up and the picture was to dark to watch anything...

WEll this new SANSUI i got in January, is now having problems with it.. making loud random creaking noises.. and well with the warrenty being only 90 days the place i bought it from does NOT EVEN sell them anymore.. infact they dont even SELL ANY CRTs.. bummmmmer!!

Technology is advancing WAY TO FAST specially for peopel that cant afford it.. hehehe!.. Look at the february 2009 when ALL digital broadcasts will Go digital and CRTS wont be good anymore unless you get COnverter boxes.. and well they dont work as good as you think! Digital broadcast, though is a better picture, the signal is easily interferred! Sad

You watch the phone service will go digital and you will have to get ALL NEW PHONES to convert digital phone signals to be able to hear them.... then you wait... you wont even be able to listen to normal FM RADIo anymore.. cause it will change to DIGITAL RADIO broadcasts.. and AM and FM will NO longer EXIST!! So makign everyone having to buy all new Radio tuners!! Sad You watch that will ALL happen

Oh well.. just a little tidbit!

DigitalDaredevil wrote:
I haven't bought any new DVD's. Especially since the HDDVD / Blu Ray wars. I bought the HDDVD because I ahve a 360 and it was a cheap route to go. I bought a few movies but nothing that would upset me about losing the race.
It's still too soon to buy a Blu Ray dvd player as the prices are too high. I do not want to buy a PS3 as I will never play it and rather have a simple dvd player on the rack.
Considering the prices of the players, Im surprised that the dvd's themselves are still as high as they are. I will wait it out. Until then Ill just watch my favorite tv shows online and stick with my 80's movies.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject:  new dvd coming hehe Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
ok i just wanted to add this.. i just bought a new movie just sent out money order.. RED DAWN.. the classic movie with Charlie Sheen and Patrick Swazy.. killer movie!!

Also i have to mention that my ROLLERBALL movie came a few days back.. man that is a KILLLLER movie too.. brings back alot of memories from when i last it along long time ago!

I like them classic sci-fi and war movies!!.. another one or two I'll probly be purchasing soon will be "SSSSSSS" and "Logans Run" (Jenny Agutter in that film was HOT!!!!!!).... well thats if i can find them!.. i know them classic ones are hard to find!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Movie & Video Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: