Mail
Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

OMG.......GEARS OF WAR 2....... WAY KILLLLLLLLLLLLLER!! :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX 360
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:34 am    Post subject: Good! OMG.......GEARS OF WAR 2....... WAY KILLLLLLLLLLLLLER!! :) Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
OK, this is just way intense!!

I just got GOW2 yesterday, (thanks doode), and MAN, I have to say it is the MOST ADDICTIVE game to date!
I thought Unreal Tourney III was kewl! GOW2 is wayyyyyyyy far surpassed that!

It isnt like UT-III where you just run around endlessly trying to avoid getting hit and killing your opponent at the same time. GOW2 is much different. MUCH more STRATEGY based.

Stay Close to the your Buddies, they DO help you to revive! But DON'T stay to close or your whole team could get annihilated instantly with a good Mortar blast. Which I still havent figured out how to get one of them yet!.

I havent yet played through the single player campaign mode yet. I have just been trying to get used to the way the game works and stuff. I love the multiplayer mode with the bots as training to get used to the game! Of course i love playing BOT multiplayer game mode anyways!! :O)

It was funny the Locust Bots were leading the rounds by just ond round left for them to win overall, and soon as THAT last round started they ALL CAME in to the room with BRUTE force.

Hehehehe!! We were DEFENSLESS hehe!! It was funny, that all the other rounds they were playing DEFENSIVLY but that last round they just came in and BOOM kill all of us!! hehehe! It was a priceless moment! It kinda starled me hehehe!

I have to admit the AI bots is more realistic then any other BOT game i played so far! Thats what makes GOW2 KILLLLLER.. and more realistic!

Once i get more used to the game and learn how to access the heavier weapons, etc etc, and play through the single player mode somewhat, I will do an OFFICIAL review of it for the VGC front page! :O)

I think playing as a LOCUST instead of the COG is actually more fun hehehe!

This game is so addictive that I JUST got it yesterday and I played it till about 8:00 pm last night. And then ALL night long I had litterally dreamt about it. I couldn't wait till i got up this morning and kicked some more BUTT with it!

Very Happy Very Happy Smile Smile

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sun May 24, 2009 4:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
IS there any GOW2 fans outthere?!?! Smile

I finished the COMPLETE single player mode yesterday! It was so addictive.. some of them levels were tricky and somewhat annoying, from not knowing what to do in them. But I do have to say it is killllllller.. and i loved riding the Brumak! heheh

-------spoiler-------

There was ONLY one glitch that i found, was when you are riding the Brumak you come across the Barge and it says to destroy the barge. Well, no matter what i did i couldnt destroy it.. it just sat there wiht the legs moving and my shots were going right though it and hitting the hall of the cave behind it. But when i shot at the front of it it would hit it but didnt do anything.. it was just a waste of time.. so i started to move down to the gate.. and i turned around .. ther barge disappeared.. i actually seen it disappear too! it was weird! But aside from that I beat the game!! :O)

-------END spoiler-------

I am kicking Azz on the Multiplayer.. hhehe i love the RIVER LEVEL.. i played as a COG and found a killer strategy to beat the enemy. Run down to the 2 story building FAST..dont worry abotu picking up the grenades in the first building JUST RUN!! There you will find the SNIPER or the Bow and Arrow thingy, but that depends on what side of the map you started on! hehe!

Then start pegging them off one at a time hehehe!

But watch out for the Mortars though... if they get thier hands on that weapon, you need to stay under cover!

There is also a Laser GRENADE launcher.. BUT i DONT KNOW where it is! I seen them shoot me and i piocked it up once cause an enemy dropped it when i killed him. I thought it was under the BRIDGE, but that seems to be where the Mortar weapon is!

Does anybody know where the all Weapons are in the multiplayer levels? I know where some are!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Well i got all the collectoables in GOW2... i went in and played the levels that i missed the collectables and finally got the acheivment for collecting ALL of them! Yahoo!

NOW i am tryignto learn some of the other Multiplayer modes.. ANNEX is wayyyyyyyyy to insane.. specially when you are playign with 9 Bots (5 on 5).

Wingman is kinda FUN!. though it took me off surprise cause i thought BLUE team was my parnters.. when i seen a BLUE guy shooting me.. i was like WHAT THE HECK?!?!?! until i figured out what to do! hehehe

RIVER.. that level has a NEW strategy for me now!.. SOON as the game starts BOOK FAST to the middle of the bridge.. DONT STOP for anything.. if you get HUNG up for even one smidgit of a second on Barricades.. YOU WILL loose the power of the bridge and all strategy will be lost. Get to the bridge grab the MORTAR.. and you pretty much got the enemys BEAT!! Surprised) well of course thats playing BOTS and also playing NORMAL SKILL LEVEL!

I am still tryign to find out where all the various killer weapons are on the maps.. I am still kinda lost on some of them.. Like RUINS.. that level to me is still the hardest.. and also STASIS .. i cant ever seeme to win in that level either no matter what i do!!!

man i am almost up to 500 Rounds for the PARTY LIKE IT IS 1999 acheivement! if not already past it by now!

I really like HAIL level.. i found a new strategy for that too using the grenades as a TRAP mine .. my teamates alwasy seem to die off quicker in thatlevel leaving me to face like 2-3 enemys alone... so i use the grenades and plant them every i can in front of me.. and while i back up.. i take cover.. and then the ENEMY comes to me.. and BOOM and then BOOM again.. and i start shooting like a mad man.. and i win hehehe!

Hey it is SURVIVAL!.. and you gotta do what you gotta do to survive! hehe I know i was playing CASUAL skill level when i first got the game.. and Now i play NORMAL skill level.. cause i am still elarnign to where the wepons are .. I am getting pretty good at it. in the levels that i LIKE! I am getting high scores.. in WARZONE mode.. And ready to move up to another SKILL LEVEL on them Levels!!

The harder levels that i am not to good yet.. I still need to practice them more till i get better!..

I LOVE AVALANCHE TOO! i figured a new stratgy on that too!.. Playing 5 on 5 WARZONE MODE!!

Man this game does have alot of REPLAY value .. the BOTS are killlllllller!. they can get vicious too when they are loosing!.. heheh!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject:  Is there anyone that is a fan of GOW2 that would know... Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
if anyone would know the answer to this please tell me..

I am looking for a MAP pack for GEARS OF WAR 2.. for the XBOX 360 that i can install and play the bots in new levels.

But i would like to get it ias a packaged released on DIsk that i can install and not have to worry about downloading them from the internet.. cause i dont have LIVE!

is there any out there?!?! kinda like how they released the MAP PACK for HALO 2 it was a packaged disk item. of course halo 2 didnt have any bots so that defeated the purpose for me!

I looked on Eb@y and seen there was FLASHBACK map pack.. but that was a card that had a code used to download them from LIVE..

Also i seen there was Combustible Multiplayer Map Pack which is also downloadable content.. Sad

This is really bumming me out! I love playing the bots but i like to play the NEW levels.. like that SERVICE STATION.. and GRIDLOCk.. but it seems there is no DISK release of them?!?!

if anyone knows if there ACTUALLY is a packaged release of GOW2 MAP packs that you dont have to download off live.. please respond Surprised)

Thanx all!

Dog

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX 360 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: