Mail
Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

What are your favorite video game soundtracks?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Music Chat (Any Genre)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 11:09 pm    Post subject:  What are your favorite video game soundtracks? Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
1. Medal of Honor for Playstation It sounds like John williams or something, It total captures the spirit of the brave hero in danger.

2. Road Rash for the 3D0, Awesome rock music, it just makes you want to jump on a bike and punch a cop!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Blaster Master
Castlevania
Final Fantasy
Punch Out
Zelda

and many more.

I'll be Playing them later today at my store. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 5:44 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
OK i dont know if this rates as a Game sound track but i have to say STAR WARS!! hehe

also thse too in this order:

HALO 1 and HALO 2 (love the music)
Unreal for the PC
Doom for the PSX (i love that reverbed ambients!)
Zelda OOT for the N64 (i thought that music was kewl)
Duke 3D for PC ( awalys a GRABBAG fan!! hehe)
Doom for PC was also kewl!. (and i liked the remix DaRK SIDE OF PHOBOES)

I know there is more but thats all i can think of right now.. i dont listen to music as much as i should!! hehe!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:21 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
I have to agree with Starwars, Doom, and Blaster Master.

Punchout... hmm... I guess the music was pretty cool now that I think about it...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
admin wrote:
OK i dont know if this rates as a Game sound track but i have to say STAR WARS!! hehe

also thse too in this order:

HALO 1 and HALO 2 (love the music)
Unreal for the PC
Doom for the PSX (i love that reverbed ambients!)
Zelda OOT for the N64 (i thought that music was kewl)
Duke 3D for PC ( awalys a GRABBAG fan!! hehe)
Doom for PC was also kewl!. (and i liked the remix DaRK SIDE OF PHOBOES)

I know there is more but thats all i can think of right now.. i dont listen to music as much as i should!! hehe!

Did you know they made an open source program to read the original doom wads and render them in OpenGL? They even added tcp/ip multiplayer! we should all play online together sometime. It's one of the best because you can play coop.

There actually used to be a little cybercafe place in Berea where they had like 8 computers set up and you could go there with your friends and play Duke3d, Doom, Descent and stuff together I only went like twice but it was awesome.

Remember in the original Unreal where you could jump off of a ledge and you would have a heart attack? that was so cool.

Oh, I have 2 another additions:
The Dig and The Secret of Monkey Island, well actually pretty much all of the Lucasarts adventure games.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
hey doode it has been awhile since i posted .. but i just came across your reply to this post!.. I know it is a fairly old post but i dont think i have ever read your past reply to it

so i will answer it Smile

yeah i have played wiht the GL DOOM version.. it is ok.... it wasnt a wad program persay but a recoded EXEctuable form the orginal DOOM source.. i think they unlocked the mouse up and down movement too!I am pretty shure..

also i think there was a version that youcould DUCK and jump too! hehehe!.. but thats why i think i wasnt into it cause it did KILL the orginal doom game feel.... thats why i stayed with GLQUAKE that was bettttttter!

I loved DESCENT i used to play on KALI all the time.. i was a gooood player.. i was in a game one time with 5 other poeple.. (three against three).. and the twoo assnines on my team bailed out of the game.. cause of the other doodes on the oppsite team were KILLER players.. so i was left to defend myself.. and i PUT a GOOOOOOOOD fight agsint the other guys.. and they thought i was a BADDASS player.. .. but i think it was just the adrinaline to stay alive hehehe.. i became really good freinds with them. Descent isnt like it used to be now hardly any one playing anymore if ANY!

I also liked the DESCENT 2 the GL version.. that was killlllller.. i even tried the GL version that they moded the D1 source with.. that wasnt all that great.. but still kinda kewl.. the D2 GL was BETTTER>. but i couldnt get into a game with them cause of the cheaters... I had a home built foot swith to help with my controls on D2 like to Turbo jets i used foot switch hehe!..

Those FIrst person shooter games.. like DOOM DUKE QUAKE DESCNET i was a KEYBOARD/MOUSER.. i got pretty good at it!. tho it took me awhile to get used to.,. but my SON he kicked butt on it.. and picked it up FAST i guess cause he was usuing my computer and had no choise to use my configuration hehehe.. he learned it fast.. we used to hook out computers together with LANcards.. and play DUKE and DESCENT and DOOM and QUAKE hehehe duke was our favourite.. he loved making his own levels!

Another killer game was FORSAKEN (kind alike descent with better GL graphics.. but way out of scale hehe) that was fun online.. but it didnt last... and if i recalled that had a killer soundtrack too for single player mode.. i THINK.. it has been awhile tho.. so dont quote me on that....

(tho i never liked music playign in the background on ANY GAMES i play!.. hehehe..just love the music tho!..)

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
My faves:
Silent Hill
Rainbow Six
Medal of Honor
Halo

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Now i usually dont like playing games with the music in th ebackground cause i like to hear whats left and right of me specially if your playing a war game.... I mean in real life if your in a war you dont hear the theme music hehehe. it is dramtic enough!! hehe!

But here is some more!

Halo 3 ODST (now that was kewl specially when it flashed back to the rookie in the night streets)

Gears Of War 1 and 2 (killer soundtracks)

Call OF Duty : World At War (pretty much all of call of duty had killer soundtracks)

Now i know Riddick was a Game too.. but mostly the Chronicles movie itself has a Killer Soundtrack!..

I Love soundtracks. :O) hehe

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
blackart
Guardian
Guardian

1776 Tokens

Items:
My top two have to be...
Castlevania 3.specifically the Evergreen track(lvl 6-1 i think)
And ninja gaidens' tracks.
(i know these are waaaay old but..i still like em a lot Smile

patches/lasrblst patches/pitfall
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Music Chat (Any Genre) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: