Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

2010 Movie releases I am excited about.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Movie & Video Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:51 am    Post subject:  2010 Movie releases I am excited about. Reply with quote
VGCTom
Guardian
Guardian

13338 Tokens

Items:
Iron Man 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siQgD9qOhRs

The first Iron Man movie was a huge proponent in the mainstream acceptance of comic book movies (The Batman reboot by Christopher Nolan was the other). Robert Downey Jr. nailed the role of Tony Stark. The origin story was mostly accurate with a few changes, and the action was top notch. The second one looks to expand on the original and more. With the addition of War Machine, the action looks like it will surpass the first.

Robin Hood

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQChwpjrcMw

“I’ll die for you/yeah I’ll lie for you/Walk the wire for you/yeah I’d die for you”. Who can forget the Bryan Adams song at the end of Robin Hood starring Kevin Costner? One of the better movies for its time, the Kevin Costner vehicle Robin Hood was an amazing movie. However, it is 2010 and that movie is a bit dated. Thankfully, we now have a new Robin Hood movie and this one is directed by Ridley Scott. Ridley Scott, as some of you may know, is responsible for one of the most epic movies of all time: Gladiator. Mr. Scott is not without assistance. Russell Crowe is playing the role of Robin Hood. This movie should hopefully be a crowd pleaser. I know it has got me excited.

Clash of the Titans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNlAlIJhrGQ

Everybody remembers the original Clash of the Titans. While that movie is most assuredly a classic, the effects simply do not hold up over time. This re-imagining looks to take the effects to the edge and give them a slight nudge over. The effects look simply amazing, and that is reason enough to see this movie on the big screen. The fact that is also dealing in mythology as well is just a nice bonus.

Salt

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZ40WlshNwU

The Bourne Series + A Beautiful Woman – Tom Cruise = Salt. Now I know some of you are wondering why the Tom Cruise reference. Originally the movie was set to star Mr. Psyh…Cruise. The movie studio decided that might not be a good fit and dropped him from the movie. They re-wrote the script to have the lead character fit the role of a woman. That is how Angeline Jolie is in this picture. This movie is very intriguing to me; in addition, the trailer did not give away all of the good scenes. Salt has the potential to surprise a lot of people.

Ong Bak 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YcHISERBGL4&feature=channel

Yes, yes, I know, this movie came out in 2009. I do not care. Tony Jaa deserves much more recognition than he gets. If you are unfamiliar of Tony Jaa do yourself a favor and rent Ong Bak and The Protector. He is quite simply the best martial art movie star at the moment. Unlike Jet Li, Tony Jaa does all of his own stunts without the aid of any wires or harness. If he runs up a wall; he is really running up the wall. If he runs on top of a gang of villains, courtesy of their heads, he is really doing it. Check out any Tony Jaa movie now!

I hope you enjoy these trailers, and as soon as I find some more I will be sure to share them with you.

patches/frostbit patches/strmchv3 patches/keystone patches/beamride patches/pitfall2 patches/robtank3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
blackart
Guardian
Guardian

1776 Tokens

Items:
I gotta say,That Tony Jaa guy is pretty sick with it.
Just watched "Protector" and although the story is lame as hell (he needs to get revenge for his lost elephant)
the fight scenes are some of the best i've ever seen.
At one point this guy takes out like 20 dudes in less than a minute.Definately a movie worth checking out.

Just about the only movie i'm looking forward to atm is Legion,hopefully it's as cool as the trailers.

patches/lasrblst patches/pitfall
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:15 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Clash of the Titans sounds great. I almost want to go see Avatar at the Theater just to see how cool the 3D actually is. Not sure if a future Blu-ray 3D version will be as good? Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
i havent heard of the clash of the titans movie... well i havent sen any trailers for it yet! Vut it des sound like it may be good!!

Did you hear abotu that big controvery about the movie AVATAR?!?! wasnt that an xbox game?!?! i think i played that!!.. anyways yeah check up on that controversy regarding the film! I think it is nonsnese and i STILL DO WANT to see the movie!

I saw last week or so a quick preview of the NEW A-TEAM movie.. leam Neeson is hannible.. and that wrestler guy is BA!... i dont know how NEESON will do as HANIBLE.. and i dont think that move will do any justice to the series.. which i am a big fan of!.. Heck i wake up at 2am all the time just so i can be awake to watch A-TEAM on the weekedns early morning!

The actors playing the parts..in the series.. is what made the series what it is.. i dont think they can be easily replaced.. AS BA BARACUS once said in one episode "THERE IS ONLY ONE A-TEAM!!"

EDIT------------ I just found out that there is ANOTHER controversy about the movie AVATAR that i DIDNT even hear about.. something about John Cameron supposedly stole it?!?!? I never heard of that....

The one i was talking about it how poeple were banning it cause of how the military were invading a planet and killing its innocent inhabitants.. and how it wasnt any better then terrorists coming to our country and killing innocent people here.. WELL.. thats what was on the Montreal NEWS about it anyways!!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGCTom
Guardian
Guardian

13338 Tokens

Items:
I believe that A-Team will do fairly well. You have to remember that this is a whole new generation of kids that know nothing of the original A-Team. In addition, I feel that Rampage Jackson will bring in the MMA crowd. Bradley Cooper might also bring in the demographic that he gained by starring in the Hangover. The A-Team will not break any box office records, but I believe that it will do reasonably well.

The A-Team Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z93AADd2Dpo

patches/frostbit patches/strmchv3 patches/keystone patches/beamride patches/pitfall2 patches/robtank3
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 3:46 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
That A-Team movie looks good.

Cameron stole Avatar? Wasn't Avatar just a special effects version of Pocahontas?

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:44 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGCTom
Guardian
Guardian

13338 Tokens

Items:
Cameron didn't steal Avatar. That was a movie that he was working on for well over 15 years. He even went so far as to create new cameras to film the movie. Avatar really is a ground breaking movie in terms of the CGI and the way it is blended with live action. However, the story isn't all that original. It is basically a carbon copy of Pochantas and Dances with the Wolves. Although, I would still recommend the movie just for the visuals. They are simply amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
I actually kinda read that just recently about thre AVATAR and Cameron working on it for such a long time. A few months back I was playing HALO REACH and I am like this reminds me of AVATAR. The brilliant vibrant colours, the Troop Whirlybirds, the marines fighting on an alien planet, etc etc. I put AVATAR back in it reminded me of HALO! So there is a comparison!

I still havent see ATEAM Movie yet!.. i plan on it soon!!.. I do have ALL the COMPLETE series now though and i been watching them!.. I havent see IRON MAN either.. But then i hear that IRON MAN two was released. man i am falling way behind! Just there is no places around here that has good selection of movies not even in the malls in plattsburgh!

Another one I still havent seen the STARTREK movie where the crew was still in the acadadmy.. has anyone that one yet?!?!

There is alot of NEW movies now, that i want to definatly see.. specially the SCI FI and horrors ones . I seen previews for alot of new movies that i forgot all of them now! But i am sure there is a list somewhere online where to find out whats NEW coming out for movies!

Halo movie i heard was canned... GEARS OF WAR movie still looks like it is in the making... AVATAR 2 and 3 are in the making!!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Mon Dec 20, 2010 8:01 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
PREDATORS
TRON the new movie
DEVIL
KILLERS
KARATE KID
Piranha 3D
The Expendables
XMEN FIRST CLASS
District 9
Super Troopers 2
DwathRace Frankinestioen Lives!

I know there is a few that are on that list that may be older.. and some are not schedualed for release yet!

And i know there is alot that i havent listed yet that i have seen previews for but cant remeber them!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:04 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
I just saw Tron tonight. This was my first modern day 3-D movie which I was very skeptical of. I am not one for a gimmick.
The movie was great. The story, the visuals, and even the 3D was impressive. I was expecting cheap effects of things flying at you when all I found was a depth added to the Tron world. They really captured the similar feel of the original without going overboard. I enjoyed seeing the old arcade machines and even though they covered them up with plastic, I could make out Battlezone, Defender, and a few others. I also liked hearing Journey playing over the jukebox since they had music in the original soundtrack.
There was some great CG done of Jeff Bridges to make him look younger.
The soundtrack fit although I didn't think they needed to show Daft Punk as much as they did acting as DJ's in a club-like setting. It's a minor thing but that just shows that I couldn't find too much wrong with it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
man thats goignto be killler i just lookedit up on the wiki.. and also the old classic movie.

Ihope when they release the DVD of the new 2010 movie they include the old movie in the same collection... i would be the first in line to buy that! Smile it isnt easy to find the classic on DVD!!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
I recommend seeing the new Tron on the big screen. It really worked well and the 3D was worth it.
I just read that Disney stopped selling the original Tron as they are going to release it on Blu-Ray. That makes sense as they could release them both together when it is done in the theaters.
I rarely see a movie twice in the theater, but I might go see this one again. Maybe in the IMAX 3d format.
I am also looking forward to seeing Super Troopers 2. I loved the first one. I can verify, being in law enforcement, that most of those pranks and silly jokes they played have occurred in real life. I knew a guy that got locked in the back of his cruiser in a compromising position, to the locker pranks, speeding by your buddy in your own car as he is doing radar, etc. The departmental fighting over who gets credit or handles the calls, etc. It was realistic when it covered our warped senses of humor. If people knew what we talked about and how we acted in closed quarters, they would think we were nuts, but we do it as a stress release to keep us from going crazy.
I looked forward to other Broken Lizard releases after the first Super Troopers, but they failed to live up to expectations. Beerfest wasn't bad though.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
Now a movie that looks awesome is the Green Hornet. A little different twist on a super hero that looks to be pretty darn funny.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:14 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
well I hope that actually release both the classic and new version of TRON in one collection!.. i wouldnt hesitate to buy it!

I went to plattsburgh ywsterday and thee was a sign/poster as you entered the walmart store.. about TRON and a recent DATE.. i am like thats ODDDDD.. why would they have a sign for a DVD release when it just hit movies?!?! SO on the way backout of the store i noticed that the poster was for the TRON VIDEO game .. i am like OK THAT EXPLAINS it!

but was even funnier was that i saw in SAMS a DVD for GREEN HORNET.. and i am like NO WAY that movie innt even released yet at all!!// come to find out it was for the ANIMATED cartoon.. hehe !!

I saw IRON MAN 1 and 2.. but NOT together or i would have bought them.. but NOT seperately!.. like that when they were like 19 bucks each!!.. The first IRON MAN also had a animated cartoon dvd with it as a collection!.. but i would rather have BOTH movies!!

I never heard of Super troopers one .. let alone hearing of two.. i seen previews of th ST two.. but tried to find out what the first one was about .. i remember seeing STARSHIP TROOPERS or something like that ONE and TWO..and they had a THIRD MOVIE he movies were about where this military force were fightin these ALIEN BUGS from another planet!.. The second one of them one had more of a darker side to it compared to the first one. Whlie the third one i havent seen yet!.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Hers ones i have JUST WATCHED recently that was on my old list:

BLACK SWAN (was not on old list but i WANTED it)
TRON Classic
TRON LEGACY
District 9

All three killer movies!.. You have to watch the classic Tron first before you watch the new LEGACy to understand whats going on... Man good thing.. cause it was a long time since i seen it and i forgot the whole movie! heheh

I seen District 9 on Blue ray!.. 1080!! :O) killer movie!!

I havent seen any of the other one or can even find them.. I havent even watched ATEAM the movie yet either!.. I havent even seen CLOVERFILED yet!.. that's an old movie i havent seen!

admin wrote:
PREDATORS
TRON the new movie
DEVIL
KILLERS
KARATE KID
Piranha 3D
The Expendables
XMEN FIRST CLASS
District 9
Super Troopers 2
DeathRace Frankinestioen Lives!

I know there is a few that are on that list that may be older.. and some are not schedualed for release yet!

And i know there is alot that i havent listed yet that i have seen previews for but cant remeber them!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Movie & Video Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: