Mail
Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

FLYNN's Arcade. Miss those days.........

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> General Video Game Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject:  FLYNN's Arcade. Miss those days......... Reply with quote
Dennis
Civilian
Civilian

429 Tokens

Items:
Remember those days when you walked in and all you heard were the sounds from all the machines? Dimly lit rooms. You could smoke. Machines were glowing. Journey was cranked up on the speakers. You brought your spoon so you could play Track&Field. Feathered hair. Your comb in your back pocket. Putting your dollar in a change machine and ACTUALLY getting quarters instead of tokens. If I could financially do this I would build my own, tailored like Flynn's. Oh well, at least I still have the memories of what it used to be. Cool

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:42 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
hehe I just happened to see TRON the other day both the CLASSIC and the LEGACy.. and man that FLYNNS place was killer.. took me back to some of the old places i used to hang out when i lived in Malone NY! But Flynns place.. well thats more like my DREAM HOME!! Smile

My favourite arcade machine.. sounds like the one you are talking about.. Where you slide the dollar bill in and You cross your fingers, hoping you would WIN the lucky pot, much like you would for a SLOT machine! But wow... I alwasy had the greatest luck on them. I'd win everytime. :O) hehe!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
Dennis
Civilian
Civilian

429 Tokens

Items:
admin wrote:
hehe I just happened to see TRON the other day both the CLASSIC and the LEGACy.. and man that FLYNNS place was killer.. took me back to some of the old places i used to hang out when i lived in Malone NY! But Flynns place.. well thats more like my DREAM HOME!! Smile

My favourite arcade machine.. sounds like the one you are talking about.. Where you slide the dollar bill in and You cross your fingers, hoping you would WIN the lucky pot, much like you would for a SLOT machine! But wow... I alwasy had the greatest luck on them. I'd win everytime. :O) hehe!
It's fuuny but I also watched the latest TRON film recently and it pushed me to write that, although that's something I've been wanting to write about anyway: The Decline of the Arcades. The home consoles matched, or came close to the same games on the arcades like Tekken 2, Virtua Fighter 2, MK2, and so on....so why bother spend money there. If I hit the lotto I will build a FLYNN's. i promise. Cool

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
I think it was more then just the games that made people go! It was a place to meet people. I met girls in the Arcade when i Lived in Malone. My favourite games were Star Castle (which i knew the secret behind that for years) and the BLACK HOLE pinball machine (i liked that lower level in it) were my two favourite machines there.

But i met people there. It was more of a hang out. It was like "hey i will meet you at the arcade tonight!" and i used to hear that one line almost all the time! I remember i used to save all the quarters i get from shopping or what not as change and put them in this can. Just to save for the arcade.. well of course i had laundry to do to since i didnt have my own washer and dryer...heheh ....but what was more important? hehehe

Thats why when i seen TRON.. Of course i havent seen the old classic in years .. and I forgot it completely. And watching it recently the digitally remastered version, it was like a NEW MOVIE to me!
Seeing FLYNN'S in all its glory.. brought back good memorys the old ARCADE days!!

BTW.. that was just a joke about the COIN machine. hehe . that i always had good luck with them.. :O)

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> General Video Game Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: