Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

What is a Classic System

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Classic Systems
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject:  What is a Classic System Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
For me I consider a Classic System to be 10-20 Years old. Making the Nintendo 64 the Newest Entry into the Classic genre. Any System over 20 years old I classify as Vintage. Works well to divide the systems up nicely for my website too. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 3:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGCTom
Guardian
Guardian

13338 Tokens

Items:
Come March, 4 more years then the PS 2 will be considered classic.

patches/frostbit patches/strmchv3 patches/keystone patches/beamride patches/pitfall2 patches/robtank3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
VGCTom wrote:
Come March, 4 more years then the PS 2 will be considered classic.

Yep, By then we will probably be playing the PS4. Mike : )

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject:  a better way to go by actual released date ... Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
ohhhhh mannnnn... heheh i guess i will never get a break hehehe!.. but seriusly.. if thats the case then the game list menus and forums need to be adjusted accordingly hehe!.. i think the games should be based on tecnology not yearexcept for the old vintage ones.. thety could still be based on years.. but NOT go by HOW MANYYEARS OLD.. but GO BY what year they came out...

so just cause it is OVER 10 years old say.. sholdnt make it THE ONLY REASON to list it as a classic.cause of thats the case then everything would change constantly!

Thats why you need to go by the year released and mark SPECIFIC RANGE of released years as specific catagorys.. that way you wouldnt hav to change the listings.. do you knwo what i am saying?!?!/

Then when the current machines get older they wold be listed as PREVIOUS CURRENT or say YeSTERDAYS GENERTION?? or somethig to that effect!.. then you wouldnt have to relist them as different catagory by HOW OLD IT IS!!!

The classic will always be classic will always be CLASSICS.. the vintage will alwasy be VINTAGE.. and so on ... if you go by AGE and how old they are.. then the CLASICS will eventually become VINTAGE too.. but then what happens to the vintage?!?! next thing you know.. you will be listing the XBOX with the ATARI 2600 heheheheh

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:39 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
It will be a while til the Next System goes Classic. Its really for the best to change them to Vintage after 20 and Classic After 10. Theres no hurry to change them anyways. Future systems will keep coming out and someday the Vintage will become Antique, 50 yrs or older I believe. Systems don't come out all that often and it would be cool to retire systems to other classes over the years/decades. Mike : )

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Hmmm, eh, plenty of time to think on it. Yeah would be weird to have XBOX and Atari in the same Catagory. Well have to setup set generations. Mike : )

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
Marriott_Guy
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

5365 Tokens

Items:
Might be easiest to set/organize the various consoles/systems by the decade they were introduced, though the current format is a-ok. Another way might be to organize them by processing power (pre/8 bit / 16 bit / etc.). I do enjoy having the various consoles segregated into their respective forums - nice clean look and easy to find info.

Just a couple of thoughts from a new member. Keep up the great work.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
Hey that sounds familiar... Razz no i tried that way before when i first set up the site... i thought it would be eaiser that way too cause i had the years (decades) set up and what was listed in them.. .. but it was even more confusing.... cause then all you seen was years.. and there was so many of themn and some were reelased different versions in different years..

so after seeing that and how cluttered it look the VGC Master and i talked about it and came up with this idea, which is how you see the site now. It makes it alot less cluttered and alot easier to find what your looking for! I had to agree it is better!

But then again, in the future, oh oh!! hehe Thats why this topic still has my concerns .. cause there is some reality to it! hehe Surprised)

Marriott_Guy wrote:
Might be easiest to set/organize the various consoles/systems by the decade they were introduced, though the current format is a-ok. Another way might be to organize them by processing power (pre/8 bit / 16 bit / etc.). I do enjoy having the various consoles segregated into their respective forums - nice clean look and easy to find info.

Just a couple of thoughts from a new member. Keep up the great work.

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Miscellaneous Classic Systems All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: