Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

Big Event Golf - Questions

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Arcade Machines
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject:  Big Event Golf - Questions Reply with quote
Marriott_Guy
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

5365 Tokens

Items:
Hello all.

I recently aquired a Big Event Golf arcade unit and have a few questions. The game plays well and I refurbished the cabinet. My question areas:

o The monitor displays small vertical white lines, about 3 inches apart. Not being a big electronics guy, is this caused by some voltage irregularities, or is the monitor going? If the monitor is going, what is the ballpark cost to replace it? (also will need to know what info I need to get from the monitor now to know what would be compatiable).

o The trackball works fine, but is a little rough. Is this a standard replacement item?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Terry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
MrCleanHead
Civilian
Civilian

2307 Tokens

Items:
Depending on what monitor you have, the brihtness on the flyback may be too high and/or the blk level adjustment could me adjusted to high. These are usually due to old dry capacitors that can be replaced yourself for about $15. The trackball can be rebuilt or replaced, plenty of placed on the net to get the parts, what happend is that dirt gets into the housing and starts to ware on the rollers, sometimes you can take it apart and clean everything and use 3 in 1 oil to lube the rollers (dont use wd40), if they are really worn replace the rollers or the whole assembly. To ball will roll on the rollers on they should be perfecty flat with no grove where the ball sits (if I remember correctly). Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:20 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
Marriott_Guy
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

5365 Tokens

Items:
Thanks for the tips Mr. Clean. I took the trackball apart and it does have a little corrosion onn the roller cylinders. I'll try some of the 3-in-1 and some steel wool and see what that does.

There are a ton of adjustments on the back of the monitor, separated into two separate sets/locations. I messed around with them before (R-B-G levels, horiz/vert align/size and the brightness), but I didn't notice a black level adjustment. I'll take another gander inside - it is very possible that I missed it.

Thanks again for your help. Have a good one.

Terry

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:16 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
If you can't do the monitor repair yourself, Charlie at the Lakewood Video Game Connection shop is very good at monitor repair. He has fixed several for me, and I have seen him fix many more.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Arcade Machines All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: