Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

Hmm I was wondering about the GBA!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Gameboy Advance
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject: Question? Hmm I was wondering about the GBA!! Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Do they STILL make games for it?!?! How is the game quality?! and also does it suck battery power fast like i heard the SONY PSP did?!?

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 8:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Well the GBA SP is rechargeable. The New Brighter Screen ones are really nice. Games are still being produced for it but Nintendo is mainly concentrating on the DS and Wiiiiiiii now. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2006 5:47 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
VGC wrote:
Well the GBA SP is rechargeable. The New Brighter Screen ones are really nice. Games are still being produced for it but Nintendo is mainly concentrating on the DS and Wiiiiiiii now. Mike : )

Hmm so that SP one is that like have built in nicads?!?! cause i know evetuallyover time they do die..and need to replace.. and if they are built in thatwould make it harder to replace!.. Also i know the LCD screens are hard to see sometime... i have an old GAMEGEAR that it gets reallybright and you cant see it.. then you can turn the knob down.. and it gets darker.. and still hard to see.. that is one reason i never got into the Gamegear cause of that hard to read screen!

you knwo about that game like you say they make games for it but are concetrating on the DS and WII.. all the companys are doing that now... in the last issue of EGM i read that the XBOX original is now considered obsolete.. they make games for it still.. but the concetration is on the 360 now.

i guess thats why it is hard to find one now Sad

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 6:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Yo.. you were saying the SP one has a better display?!?! and is rechargable.. .. i asked if that had nicads in it.. and are easily replaceable, should they die?

Is the SP the flip open GBA?!?!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:46 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Hello, Yes you can replace the rechargable battery in the SP & DS. The Screens have Great Visibility, especially the SP with the NEW Brighter Screen and the DS Lite. Game Gears frequently go bad to where the contrast is worthless no matter what you set it at and you have to play at an angle. I sold one of those Defective ones here for like $4.00. Poor Lame Gear. Yes, the SP is the Flip Open Version of the GBA. Mike : )

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:01 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
"Hello... this is a recording" hehe...

yeah yoru right about the gamegear doode.. it is lame gear... an old freind of nmnine got himself the sega nomad i think it was.. man i wish my son still had his sega carts hehe.. i would have gotten the nomad back then.. but the GBA looks killer.. for portable to bring around with me.. where ever i go.. tho i dont go hardly anywhere very much hee.. .. some of the screenshots looked kewl for some of the games.. i cant afford a DS.. just looking in to something ELCHEAPO.. but better then ALAMOGEAR hehe

Poor lame gear.... that is sad they could have been a nice system.. if it wasnt for the screen and well only game i have for it is the SONIC one.. that well just sitting in its plastic case.. cause i dont use the game gear anymore..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
So doode your expertise opinion: :O)

if i was to get one in the future.. what one would you recommend? the regular one (which i kinda like better cause no movable parts on it) or the flip type(SP) one? (that one i am kinda learey about being movable parts on getting worn).. but it is the over quality and game play, i guess i am looking for?! hehe

it isnt like i am goign to get one any time soon.. so i have time to look around.. hehe i have a couple others things right now (if you know what i mean hehe) that i am in the middle of getting first!

Yeah man i am going to be rocking here soon!!! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:34 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Well its all up to you really. At first the SP cramped my hands because the controls are so close together. The NEW Brighter Screen Version is a BIG Improvement though. For Cheap just pick up a reg GBA and play under a light. Mike : )

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 12:45 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
WGCL98
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

2328 Tokens

Items:
There are a lot of people in the hom-brew scene still making games for all of the GB games... Even the DS. Some are pretty good!!

patches/prescook patches/dragster patches/barnstrm patches/freeway patches/stampede patches/tennis
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:24 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Morning ... well if and when i was to ever getone,, the orginal ones (the non sp one) would be the one i would probly get.. i read whatyou said mike, about how the buttons are cramped on the flip top one... and i loooked at the pictures.. of them and yeah your right.. it kinda reminds me of playing one of them VMU games on the Dreamcast VMU hehehe.. one way to get carpeltunnel syndrome fastin the thumbs!

The reason i like the other older one.. (but that was before finding out that the screens arent that bright), we cause it seems to play kinda like how the game gear playes.. wiht a control and buttons on the side of the screen spread out more so you arent cramped... thats kinda whay i thought i would like the GameGear!

but now since you mentioned that the Original GBA is a darker screen .. which reminds me how the GameGEar is also hard to see.. i wonder if the video quality of both are the same becuase of the lcd they use?

Speaking of Third party games..the GBA is cartdrige based.. so the third party games are commerical?!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:06 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
WGCL98
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

2328 Tokens

Items:
some people sell them in cart form, and some are distrubuted freely to run on an emulator.

patches/prescook patches/dragster patches/barnstrm patches/freeway patches/stampede patches/tennis
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
well i just got my new gamecube set up.. and i realized why i wanted to get the GAMEBOY ADVANCE.. hehe METROID PRIME has a verion for th game boy advance thatyou can link to the GAMCUBE. and unlock stuff.. I remeber that NOW .. hehehe..

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
WGCL98
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

2328 Tokens

Items:
How about playing Donkey Kong on the Super Gameboy? Graphics look silly, but it is fun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Gameboy Advance All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: