Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

Upcoming Video Game/Pinball Expo in Akron

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> General Video Game Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject:  Upcoming Video Game/Pinball Expo in Akron Reply with quote
DJGex
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

3976 Tokens

Items:
Howdy kids...

Just heard about this, there will be a gaming expo in Akron on Triplett Blvd March 9-10. I think this is where the Haunted Schoolhouse/Haunted Lab are located by or at... not exactly sure...

12 bucks for one day, 20 for both. And they have arcade and pinball available for free play and tourneys...

http://www.hometown.aol.com/mjpinballs/index.html

TwinGalaxies multiple world record holder.

patches/chopcomm patches/barnstrm patches/freeway patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/granprix
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
DJGex,
Yes, that show is at the Haunted Schoolhouse/Laboratory. It's a good show with a decent amount of machines to play (free) and some to buy. There are parts vendors there and you might see a vid or two, but mostly all is pinball.
They have tournaments too.
We went last year and found it to be pretty good. If you want to play, dont go later in the last day as they pack up the machines early, but you can get some good deals on last minute sales there since the sellers rather sell than lug the machine around.
I would recommend playing a machine that you intend to buy to make sure you are getting a decent machine. There were some nice machines there for sale, but some junk that just looked good.
Also, if you are looking for video game flyers for the machines, there are a few vendors that have some really nice collections for sale.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Yep, Matt ( osmodiar ) and I sold at that show a couple years ago. Didnt make much money at all. There were some decent pins to play and a ton of parts. I dont think I will be going this year though. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:12 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
It is a great show if you like Pinball. I would have liked to have seen more older machines, but it was the largest collection of pins around in one place. So if you like pins, go there. It is like going to a pinball arcade with a flat fee. You will enjoy it.
The show is not for video gamers though. If you expect it to have anything more than pins, then you will be disappointed.
I will be making a visit on one of the days as I found it worthwhile to go and see/play some classic pins and newer machines.
I seem to recall that in the past that they did not advertise video games at all. It appears that they are doing so a little now. It could be a monster show if they combined both though.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> General Video Game Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: