Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

Buyer Beware....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX 360
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:02 pm    Post subject:  Buyer Beware.... Reply with quote
VGCTom
Guardian
Guardian

13338 Tokens

Items:
...although I don't think there will be many problems now, maybe if you buy a old used one, but...

http://www.next-gen.biz/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=3866&Itemid=2

I'm not suprised. When a system first comes out a smart consumer would almost expect the first run to have some problems. As long as they get the kinks and bugs out for subsequent runs that everything is ok. What are your thoughts or opinions on this?

patches/frostbit patches/strmchv3 patches/keystone patches/beamride patches/pitfall2 patches/robtank3
PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:25 am    Post subject: Note  Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
if i recall i remember a topic like this on the old forum. about waiting till after the first few releases for them to get thebugs and defetcs out.. i totally agree on that!

I read on that article in the bottom that someone sued M$ for premature release of the xbox 360 just to beat the rush on the next gen machines.. i was going to say that exact same thing..

if you all recall that Playstation had the PS3 idea out there first.. and i read articles about how M$ wanted to get thier unit out first.. and how they didnt wanna call it XBOX 2 cause then it would look like they are BEHIND the Sony company! so they came up with the idea to call it XBOX 360.

and they rushed to get it out before the PS3.. and it was funny cause the PS3 was still just in DEVELOPMENT at that time!.. andstillt o this day.. you dont see the hype of the PS3 as you do the xbox 360. I do belive they rushed on the release of the 360.

Me.. it took me a long time to work up the money to just get my orginal XBOX.. after like about 6 verions of it.. and like 5 years hehe i finally got one!. I remeber it was a CORD problem with the old XBOX..

Then the later releases was to try to avoid the machine getting MODDED.. or make it harder to get modded.. so they wold release a different version... at the time i bought mine .. is a 1.6 version. which at the timne the mod chips werent compatible with.. so after reseraching and reseraching.. i found out that they had to literally copy the games FROM the XBOX TOO toe PC etc etc.. and well i was getting the orginal games for like 5 bucks or so anyways most of them.. so i8 saied WHY BOTHER moddeing.. my is all stock!.. :O)

so what i am saying is i think alot of the earlier units people like to grab to learn to mod them.. as the protection on them would be LESS!.. .. but still again the earilier you buy them the more OF the CHANCE you will have the defect problems with them!

I think it is good thing i cant afford a next gen till they become classic statuses hehehehe!..

Wink

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:11 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
MrCleanHead
Civilian
Civilian

2307 Tokens

Items:
I picked my pre-ordered Xbox 360 on Xmas Eve, my MFG date is 11-30-2005. I have never had a problem with it and its on al the time, I use it for playing games (well over 200-300hrs), watching movies and using its Media Center functions. Im probably lucky but I cant complain at all...even if it died today. Its a great system, well worth the cash for me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
MrCleanHead
Civilian
Civilian

2307 Tokens

Items:
..how about if it died today (see previous post)....well its dead, red ring of death. Im sad, but not disappointed, but if MS wasnt fixing it for free, then I would have no problem buying anothr one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:02 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
Dog
Guardian
Guardian

2849 Tokens

Items:
Hey doode.. just been wondering how that went with your 360? have you gotten it fixed or replaced yet?!?! You gotta keep us in tabs how the progress is going with that!?!?

MrCleanHead wrote:
..how about if it died today (see previous post)....well its dead, red ring of death. Im sad, but not disappointed, but if MS wasnt fixing it for free, then I would have no problem buying anothr one.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
MrCleanHead
Civilian
Civilian

2307 Tokens

Items:
Well, I got it back after approx a week and a few days. I shipped it on a Thursday, they recieved it on a Tuesday (UPS Ground w/weekend) and they shipped me out a replacement the same day. I cant tell if its a refurb or a new one, but either way it works. I have been puttng in some time playing Gears of War. I also picked up some cheap 360 games on Black Friday (Quake 4, Condemmed, The Outfit) as well as the 3 Burger King Games. I have plenty to do now till Halo 3 comes out next year, but Im sure there will be a few other games that I will be playing before then also.

P.S. New Halo 3 commercial will air during Monday Night Football on Dec 4th

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
clarkkent
Civilian
Civilian

562 Tokens

Items:
i heard there were a lot of defects with ps2 also but i bought 2 first day and had no problems

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
I have a 360 from the first shipment. So far the only trouble I have is on Dead Rising which used to work, and Call of Duty 2 and 3 had some lockups and a "sentient" error.
I read that MS has extended the warranty to a year, but I am out of that year period. I can't say I am upset, but I am concerned about the longevity and error free operation I will have in the future. I certainly got a wake up on buying a new gen console in its first batch.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
Irishstewed
Civilian
Civilian

2705 Tokens

Items:
Man I hope my 360 doesn't crap out, it would take me a while to be able to afford another.

patches/prescook patches/keystone
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX 360 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: