Mail
Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

IMPORTANT : When Posting Links to Pictures - Dimensions!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Forum RULES & HELP F.A.Q. (Please Read)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:27 am    Post subject: Warning! IMPORTANT : When Posting Links to Pictures - Dimensions! Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
When posting a link to a IMAGE in your posts, the image MUST have the DIMENSION BBCODE in it, IF the IMAGE is larger then what is allowed.

Though this forum WILL try to resize it automatically, and it may screw up the porportion of your picture, you could, for example, RESIZE it by HALF the width and HALF the height of the original dimensions AT the SAME time, to keep in correct porportion.

the tag for it is:

"[x:y]" where X is the Width and Y is the Height.

It MUST be INSIDE the "IMG BBCODE" tag, just before the actual picture link.

Using this BBCODE structure (without quotes):

"[img][width:height]img_path[/img]"

We want to keep the site looking nice, and without resizing of the pictures can result in a MESSY looking forum!

This also goes for User Profiles with picture links in thier Signatures. If you are using a signature with a picture link then please resize it to fit, using the same BBCODE.

One thing to know, is that the AUTO RESIZE is 650 Width by 500 Height, anything bigger either WIDE or HIGH will put the image to its autosize. This will make your image look out of porportion if it is originally taller THAN wider.

I could change the default size of the auto sizer, but with all different sizes of images it would just make it meaningless.

As we really just want to have you to get used to adding your OWN dimensions using the structure mentioned above as to avoid the out of porportioness of your images. This will override the DEFAULT AUTO RESIZE, and keep your image, and the forum, looking good! Smile

Fail to abide by these rules could force the moderators to delete your post or your signature, and bring it to your attention. If you still dont fix it you could risk being banned!

Please have courtesy on this forum when posting overly sized pictures.

Thank you!
VGC Forum Staff!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2007 5:48 am    Post subject:  PLEASE READ UPDATE! Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
UPDATE------------

AS of today JUNE 23rd 2007, the IMAGE resizer code NOW Works properly. It is automatic so you do NOT need to enter any DIMENSIONS at all! Just paste your link as you normally would and use the IMG tag button like normal and it will put the correct dimensions in for you AND IN THE proper scale!!

No more out of scale stretched out, pictures.. Surprised)

cheerz
dog

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Forum RULES & HELP F.A.Q. (Please Read) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: