Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

STAR WARS US POSTAL STAMPS

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Chit Chat - (Not Game Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:48 am    Post subject:  STAR WARS US POSTAL STAMPS Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
It seemS the US POST OFFICE has gone POSTAL literally!!

http://www.uspsjedimaster.com/main/vote/view_stamps.html?route=vote.s&source=SWUSPS07

Though it is kewl that the stamps are the STAR WARS ones now..and i wanted to get a book of them just for collecting..

But MANNNNNNNNN, they increased the cost of them to 41 cents now.. man thats like ripppppping people off.. they keep increasing the cost of a stamp making it hard to send just one dann letter!

I remeber when it was like 14 cents for stamp!. If it wasnt for freinds and family that doesnt have access to a computer, or having to send money order or what not.. i wouldnt even bother with stamps! Leave it to the goverment to want more money from everyone!

The stamps ARE kewl tho!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2007 11:49 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Yeah, Im going to go to direct payment with most of my bills now. I think many people are, causing them to lose money, so they just raise the price. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 2:35 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
In a short period of time, the cost of stamps has risen quite quickley. I am starting to pay my bills online to cut the middle man out (USPS) and its quicker.
I always felt that the post office was full of bloat and waste.
Just think about how many stamps are purchased and never used since they are kept by collectors. That is free money for the post office.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
DigitalDaredevil wrote:
In a short period of time, the cost of stamps has risen quite quickley. I am starting to pay my bills online to cut the middle man out (USPS) and its quicker.
I always felt that the post office was full of bloat and waste.
Just think about how many stamps are purchased and never used since they are kept by collectors. That is free money for the post office.

I agree.. abotu giving them free money!.. and what abotu them 1 cent or 2 cent stamps they throw out you in the stamp machines?? knowing you HAVE TO BUY them but you cant use them..cause the machine only accepts on EVEN ammount of change.. (not 39 cents but only dimes so you have to ut in 40 cents).

there is alot of times i see peopel just leaving them behind in the machine.. and i remember i would take them... heheh i remeber sending a letter with like a gajillion stamps on it hehee! hey give them free money?! thats whatpeopel are doing when they buy stamps from a machine.. and leave behind the l cent ones.. ..

now it is going to get worse cause the stamps are 41 cents now.. notice THEY SKIPPED 40 cents? it is obviouse they didnt want stamps to be 40 cents.. cause then they wouldnt be able to get rid of them one centers... now we have to get stuck with 9 of them!.. it is a conspiracy! .. it is all stupid politics. They may as well jus do away with them machines! It is lame that peopel waste money on them.

And then i think thats why the did this thing wiht the star wars edition of the stamps just to get peoepl like me (star wars fan) to spend thier money on them fro thier collection, just so THEY can get free money !

I have couple bills.. that are paid in person so thatnot bad.. but i have to use the P.O. (andi dont mean mean Pissed Off hehe!.).. to mail letters to my freinds and my son.. and also to spefgic offices to mail paper work back and forth for my personal records.. it sucks that people are paying more and more each time just to mail letters!

it kinda remonds of the cable company back when during out 1997 ice storm.. i think it was back in 1997.. i had cable prior to that and every year ther proice usually went up a buck or so!.. .. then during the ice storm.. i we lost out cable.. and STILL getting billed for it..i told them i didnt want anymore cable when it comes bacn on.. and to disconnect me before it does... they didnt do it right off.. butbthey eventually tdid... and then they kept billing me for the time during the ice storm, when i didnt have cable.. i said WHY AM I SUPPOSED TO PAY FOR SOMETHIGN I NEVER GOT? they claim that it wasnt thier faul that lost the cable..but I STILL SHOULDNT HAVE TO PAY FOR IT.. thats thier problem!..NOT MINE! So since then i watch tv with rabbit ears.. and i get my local channels thats all i need!. And to think that NOW the cable is like 20$ more for basic cable then what it was when i was on it hehe! they are out ragious!

It just seems unfair..it is like i am PAYING for EVERYONE elses MISTAKES. and still paying for it! Sad

oh well just another rant!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Chit Chat - (Not Game Related) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: