Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

Post your Lanparty stories here!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> General Video Game Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject:  Post your Lanparty stories here! Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
The best lanparty I ever had was back when my family had a computer store. My two brothers, my dad and two of my friends came and we had a blast. It was probably the best one I've had because we already had the computers set up so unlike normal lan parties where someone forgets their keyboard or power cord or something or their computer wont boot up or it just bursts into flame, we were actually able to play games most of the time Wink

We played Day of Defeat; a WWII mod for Half-Life, somehow my friend took out me, one of my brothers and my dad with his .45 pistol with one clip! it was ridiculous and just plain embarrassing we must have been lauging about it for an hour.

Then we walked to Giant Eagle at 3:00AM in the snow because we were all starving one of the baggers just kept on laughing at all of us for no reason, but I guess coming in a group of 5 to a grocery store this late to buy bread and bologna is a bit comical
After DOD we gorged ourselves on bologna sandwiches to ready ourselves to play Unreal Tournament. It was so weird because all of the computers had speakers set up so you would hear the announcer voice say "Headshot!", “Red Flag!” and “Blue Flag!” from 5 different directions.
good times indeed

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 6:13 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Hehe, sounds killer... i never been to a lan party and tho i would love to sometime.. specially a killer HALO game would be the bang? Boom?! what ever you youngins say hehe

I remeber tho back then when my son was home with me we had the two comnputers hooked up with a Null modem cable .. we used to play DUKE 3d all the time.. Man it was funnnnn.. my son got so good at it.. cause i was a KEYBOARD/MOUSE user.. which had alot of benifits.. so my son learned hthe same technique and was getting REALLY good.. i guess cause wI was his only challange he HAD to get good!

So then he would challange another freind who would call us up and we could connect modem to play duke through phone.. I would play him but i he wasnt up to my level and i just wasnt haveng any fun!

so my son would play duke with him for awhile.. man ... my son litterlly kicked his butt.. my son loved it at first cause he would be happy about kicking someone elses a$$ since my son couldnt everbeat me.. hehe but afetr a spell he got bored with the other doode cause he wasnt as good either.

Then we got Lan cards and found that we would get a better connection between the computers in the house. My son was getting really good and harder and hearder to beat!. He would make hsi OWN DUKE levels too... as i had a few that i made out therethat were even marketed on commercial DUKE LEVEL cds!! :O)

We then played GLQUAKE loved it, he was good.. and then he started to learn to make QUAKE levels too!.. hehehe.. Then we played UNREAL.. that was fun!.. tho it would bog us down some cause the slow machines!!

Yes I MISS them days.. since hs is on his own it is just me alone here and well i miss them game times!1 Sad

oh well!! Just reminessing!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
JoshandStacy
Force Sensitive
Force Sensitive

5046 Tokens

Items:
Good story Smile I remember playing DOOM with my dad, those were good times. It was so fun really good bonding Smile

It's funny now because he built the computer and networked them and now I can play doom better and know more about networking than he does..... it's funny how Dads make their sons so good at stuff Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
heh DOOM was another one we played hehe. yeah they pick up quick when they are younger.. i never had that luxory when i was my sons age I learned all it on myown... to bad tho that my son never kept the interest in the computers.. like he used to have!!!. Sad

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> General Video Game Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: