Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

Are there any Classic Sci Fi movie buffs out there?!?!/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Movie & Video Chat
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:05 am    Post subject: Question? Are there any Classic Sci Fi movie buffs out there?!?!/ Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
OK if there is ... well i have a couple movies in my head that I remember seeing when I was a little tyke that i cant remeber the names for the life of me.

Lemme first make it clear that i am 44 years old so the movies i seen were like when i was like younger then 11 years old.. so i only remember bits and peices of the movies.

First movie: parts i remember is these STAR shaped aliens walked in to this CIRCLE thing.. one at a time, and each was turned into HUMANs. They were sent to earth to prevent some kinda of destruction.. that i dont remember the exact detail.

Some of the scenes i remember was the flood that came in near the Obervatory. There was kids in the scene... Another scene was this guy tied to a chair and the building he was in was collapsing due to an earth quake. The corner of the building was ripped apart and one of the legs of his chair was over the edge about ready to fall. The star shaped aliens NOW looking like humans Appeared (materialized or how you wanna call it).. and if i recalled they saved the guy. Thats basically i can remeber of that movie.

But here is the thing.. just a few years ago, well quite a few years ago anyways.. maybe like 5-6 yeats.. BY ACCIDENT, i FOUND it again on a website with pictures and everything and i am like I KNOW THIS MOVIE...you can see the star shaped aliens walking in to the circle thing and getting turned into Humans..(screen shots of the movie). Sad thing tho, is i cant even find that site anymore and the title of the movie i cant remember it , which also doesnt help. Sad

SECOND MOVIE.. (completely different movie)... I remember this scene this pilot was flying a JET airplane and was crashing.. just before he crashed t the plane stopped in mid air..just above the ground ... it just froze there.. ... well he got out of the plane and started to walk around.. he noticed that everyone was frozen.. time had frozen for everyone around him. .. he was the only one moving around... he found a woman who was also able to move around... she was just about to crash her convertable before time froze.

one of the scenes i remember so vividly, the pilot came to this air base and one of the things he saw was this little girl on a Tricycle. she was looking up to a truck that was coming down the slope heading for her. I guess the brakes gave way just before everythign froze. No one was in the tu4rck.

well after some time in the movie i cant remember MUCh details but these aliens apeared to this pilot and the woman and told them that the world didnt FREEZE just that time slowed down where like a an hour of time to the pilot was like a second in REAL LIFE>. (dont quote me on that as it was a long time ago)...but it was like that same principle

The pilot went back to the Girl on the tricycle and noticed she had moved more to the path of the truck... the truck was even closer to her.. so he grabbed the seatbelt from the truck tied it on to the brake lever and then put the other end in to the front tire.

Then i can remember him going back to his plane and the woman that was also able to walk around got back into her convertable that was just about ready to crash before the time froze... and then got into positiion in thier vehicles and the time started back up again.

I remember it flashed to the scene with the girl on the tricycle. and it showed the seat belt pulling from the tire and pulling the brakes and the girl was saved...

the plan he was in crashed and the car the women was in crashed into a tree or somethign??!

thats pretty much all i can remeber of these two movies... does any of them sound familiar?!?! i wish i could get the titles of them again so i can look them up!!.. if anyone knows where i could find a reference source to look them up?!?!

oh well i am grasping at straws.

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:16 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
OK .. this is killlllller.. i found the name of the first movie about the Star shaped aliens... heheh talk about wierd.. i wasnt really looking for it and boom i found this mornign looking for another movie tile but killlllllller i found it!

The first movie i was talking in my original post is called "Warning From Space" and i found a couple sites with some killer picttures of it describing the scenes i mentioned in the original post"

http://lordzeddshomepage2.tripod.com/id36.html

and

http://www.archive.org/movies/thumbnails.php?identifier=Warning_from_Space

You have to remeber i only seen this movie one time in my whole life.. that i can recall and i was like like a toddler ... and now i am 44 years old so you have to remeber that it WAS A LONGGGGGGG time ago hehehe but mymemorys of some of the scenes in the movie are so vivid.. heheh just never could think of the name... well i found it hehehe! Whats kewl is that the movie is on DVD too hehehe.. now just have to find a copy!!

Well off to figure out the second one where the world like slows down!.. Smile

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Good!  Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
THIS IS WAYYYYYYYy TO KILLLLLLLLLLLLER!! hehehe

I found out the second movie i been wondering about .. the one with the pilot and time standing still!...

well i posted a message on a SINGLES site i am a member of... and a couple days went by and someone ca,e out of the blue and described it to a tee!!.. with the name of it! heheh

It was a episode of OUTER LIMITS called "The Premonition"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Premonition

that describes it right to a tee!!..

you know whats funny tho is that i only seen it one time in my whole life.. and i was only like a toddler , if i recall it left me scared ... heheh thats why i remember the specific scenes so vividly

I never knew the name of it.. or heck didnteven know it was an episode of OUTER LIMITS.. to me i thought it was a movie hehehe but all these years.. I NOW know the name of it hehe

Smile

Now i like to see if i can find the dvd !!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 5:18 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
Ok i know this is a reply to an old post!!.. but it is relevant !! Smile

I tis 5am sunday morning.. and guess what I JUST watched on tv? Channel 5 our local NBC channel has a digital channel 5-2 and it used to be for weather all day.. but now they changed it to "THIS.TV" which plays all old classic shows and movies... and they JUST aired the PREMONITION episode of the OUTER LIMITS... and YEPPER that was the episiode i havent seen since i was a kid and only seen once in my life KILLLLER.

I have to correct my original post NOW that i just seen the episode ... the SEAT BELTS were frmo his WIFES CAR cause he couldnt move anything that was frozen in time.. ... and he put it on the BACK tire of the truck NOT the front tire heheh but heyyyyyyyy what do you expect for NOT having see that show in YEARRRRRRRRS like since3 i was a kid!

The only problem was that thws stupid TV kept loosing its digital signall since i only have rabbit ears... and it sucks.. cause it kept breaking up during the show... but I know NOW where to find it on the OUTER LIMITS SEASON 2!!

Anyways as far as the other movie i mentioned in this post WARNING FROM SPACE.. i actually did pick that up last year.. in a a DVD box set of 100 classic SCIFI movies!! :O)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
Dennis
Civilian
Civilian

440 Tokens

Items:
Sci-Fi? Yes. Ep. 5 Empire Strikes Back. The best episode. No doubt. That episode was so heavily character driven. One of the best Sci-Fi/Fantasy films ever. That film can still hold today. FX were just incredible for that film back then. Cool

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Movie & Video Chat All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: