FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

Platinum Hits Games

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:20 am    Post subject:  Platinum Hits Games Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
OK I just got Star Wars Lego II but it is the Platinum Hits game (the silver box). Some of my other games are also the platinum hits games, but most of them are all orginal xbox green label ones.

My question is to anyone that may know. is that WHAT is the difference between the PLatinum Hits games and the Original? Besides the box colours and that it also shows it on the lable on the disk itself??

I Have Double versions of the BRUTE FORCE.. one is normal xbox and the other is Platinum. Some of the other single ones i have that are Platinum, are one of the TOny Hawks games, One of the Rainbow 6 games, AMPED.. to name a few.,those i dont have doubles of.

I read somewhere but now i cant find it again, that the platinum hits versions are DIFFERENT release verion numbers of the game. So they may release it with a different version or Updated version. Is this true?!

Also I never played throught BOTH copies of Brute Force.. the only one i played through was the orginal xbox version. so i couldnt tell you if there is any differences.

DID they change them? i mean add stuff to the PH versions? or even REMOVE stuff?! why did they even reelase them as PH versions?!?! Anyone know?

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Hello, Platinum Hits games are just games that were sold at a reduced price after selling so many Millions of copies. Same Game Different cover. Same with the Greatest hits on other Formats. They usually tend to be better titles or would not have sold so many copies in the past. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:27 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
AHHHHHhhh ok.. so i see what you meani think. From what your saying it is like a RECORD ALBUM going Platinum or GOLD becuase they sold so many copies of it.. so it means that it IS A GOOD title. So they just rerelease it with new cover showing everyone that it was a BEST SELLER!!. So the game itself isnt changed?? no different Version number? I guess it would be just like a music record album they wouldnt change the Music just cause it went gold or platinum!!

I also read that too that the Platinum hits are cheaper too!.. so people can buy them at cheaper prices then what the original release of the game was!!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 2:47 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
It's a creative way to get more money and mileage out of a game. Those who saw and heard about the game but could not afford it, or did not want to plunk down a lot of money on a game they were unsure of would be more likely to do so now. The games have reputations and will sell themselves. The lower price just makes it that more attractive. It could also be a great way to redistribute unsold copies that would have laid in a warehouse, but instead are repackaged for sale, even though that they were already new.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
Hey DD!!.. yeah i dont see any differents in the Brute force.. game. i put the Platinum Hits version of it.. and loaded my old save.. whcih was saved with the original version... i didnt notice any thing different... but of course i didnt play all the way throught it again!.. but y yeah lijke you and mike say.. I undersdtand.. now!.. i just seeing the orginal xbox games with all new packaging and labeling.. yeah the disk itselfs have the PH marked on the disk itself so i dont think they actually reused old unsold disks.. cause wiht the lable thats actually printed on the disks.. it is sure to bet they were intentionally made that way!!..

But they are like a lowere prices of the more killer games.. that like you and mike said.. were HITS back then so the re-release the game (not changing the version or adding things or taking things away form the actual original game code. well as far as i can tell).. and then sell them lower prices.. cause tlike mike mentioned they were most boughten games... well i mean most sold.. like a record going gold or platinum when it sells like a million copies for example.. but with the games they do like a REISSUE version hehe. and then sell them cheaper!.. so yeah thats a KILLER idea

Youknow it reminded me of this TV commercial on tv.. i dont know if any of you seen it back awhile back they had this FAMILY PACK OF XBOX games.. like a whole bunch of new release games in on FAMILY PACKAGE... they showed the parents bringing the box home to the kids and then the kids were excited and you can actually see the BOX with allt he games in it... hehehe

well When i seen that i was like MAN I WANT THAT!1 So i looked and looked all over for it.. then i found out it was ALL A HOAX.. it wasnt real.. jit was just to advertise xbox games in general I guess.. i dont know what it was for exactly but i know it wasx all a HOAX... do anyone of you who is reading this ever remeber that tv commercial?!

They have a new store in well not local for me.. but it is the closest main village to us.. still a drive for me.. but i was there today cause i appointment so after my appontmenr cooldude and i went to this new store called gamespot... it alsmot reminded me of VGC with allt he games on the wall and shelfs.. hhehe.. but they didnt have anything at allllllllll.. i mean they had xbox games.. and gamecube games.. and some budget ones for 9.99 or less.. but they were all like HOME PRINTED LABLES.. like they didnt want to use the prginal labels... they didnt have anything good at all!.. Sad

but i was telling cooldude on the way home.. that VGC is different cause VGC deals majorly on the classics and rareitys too!... but this new store dont do that!.. so thats why i think VGC is more unique when it comes to games!.. specially for the classics like the old nes, Snes 3d0 etc etcte ct.. well you all see it on the site here so you can see what imean!

man i wish i lived in Ohio.. hehe..i would be tat the store every day!. :O)

DigitalDaredevil wrote:
It's a creative way to get more money and mileage out of a game. Those who saw and heard about the game but could not afford it, or did not want to plunk down a lot of money on a game they were unsure of would be more likely to do so now. The games have reputations and will sell themselves. The lower price just makes it that more attractive. It could also be a great way to redistribute unsold copies that would have laid in a warehouse, but instead are repackaged for sale, even though that they were already new.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:03 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
Rereleasing a game a few years later also exposes it to another gamer generation who may not have been old enough or interested enough to try it.
There are quite a few games that have great playability and replayability, even though they are no longer considered to have cutting edge technology. The good side of that is that most pc machines would be able to play it.

As far as VGC, I have yet to see a store with more games and accesories. Mike does a great job over there and I find it hard to leave empty handed. For those who have never been to the store, I encourage you to go. It is the best retrogaming store that I have found, and Mike is a pretty good guy who knows about the games and is very helpful.

I know that sounds like I am plugging his store, but go for yourself and find out!

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:34 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
I see what you mean .. i agree... releasing a game keeps it alive for the younger doodes, same with movies.. like Like Lucas did with the original Star Wars Trilogy... though he added alot of new CGI stuff but thats explanable cause of the new technolgy he didnt have back then. ..but the movie is still the same and still alive!! :O)

Yeah plug away!! hehe

VGC rocks!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: