Mail
Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

2008 Olympic Opening Ceremony - KILLER!!!!!!!!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Chit Chat - (Not Game Related)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 7:20 am    Post subject: Wink! 2008 Olympic Opening Ceremony - KILLER!!!!!!!!!! Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
I started to watch the Opening Ceremony last night and then i fell sleep but then it was on this morning and i caught the rest of it that i didnt see last night.

Now I have to say I am not much of sports fan.. and not much in tot he olympics... But I have to say the opening ceremony of the Beijing 2008 show was definatly a KILLER SHOW!

I have seen some of the previous opening ceremony shows of some of the past olympics.. btu this one was the show of all shows. They really went out to put on the best show!

It was VERY VERY HIGH TECH. KILLER SHOW right from the opening number.. i mean they had 2,008 people drumming these drums that light up when they hit it.. and then from the way overhead view they actually were making it display TEXT that looked like a scrolling effect, It looked like a GIANT SCROLLER DISPLAY.. hehehe!! They were ALL IN SYNC.... and to think how they had to choreograph 2,008 people was, by all means very INGENIOUS!! Surprised)

Then they came back out later and YOU DIDNT EVEN THINK first but they had these BOX LIKE things that popped up and down.. i mean ALOT OF THEM.. they made it looked kewl, like how they all made these patterns.. like water droplets, and waves, etc etc etc first i thought it was hydrolics.. but then all of a sudden the people jumped out of the boxes..(probly the sameones that did the drum things ealirer) hehehe man it was totally killlllller.. like i say to choreograph all this that accurate with 0ver 2000 people!! (2008 in fact)

Then they showed this HUGEEEEEEE LCD screen on the floor that was killllller!! it light up and displayed images on the floor and peopll was dancing over it and litterally painting on this huge canvas with thier bodys at the same time. While all these people with lighted costumes that light up... formed this HUGEEEEE perfect circle around it

And then overhead surrounding the whole stadium was like a HUGE screen that displayed this video of waterfalls and waves. It was WAYYYYYY kewl!

One time this huge ball came out of no where and people were running around the side of it.. horizontally (on cables)hehehe while two peopel on top sang a song!

The final thing that was killer was when the Torch came out and it went to the final torch bearer.. and you COULD ONLY IMAGE how they would ignite the main torch.. and well it was VERY SURPRISING.. the last guy carriing the torch flew right up in the air on cables to the top of the stadium and ran completely around the WHOLE STADIUM on that screen..SIDEWAYS (with cables of course).. as pictures were displayed underneath him on the screen scrolling by as he ran over it.

Then when he got to the MAIN TORCH he light this one pipe and it sent the flame up and spiraled around the main torch and went ot the top and set it on fire.. MANNNNNNNNNNN it was soooooooo KILLLLLLLLER!! :O)

That was a SHOW no one could ever forget!.. I WAS IMPRESSED and in AHHHHHH at the same time!.. it was totally amazing.. CHINA REALLY KNOWS how to put on a KILLERSHOW! if you ask me!

I think THIS particular 2008 OLYMPIC OPENING SHOW shoould be put on DVD.. and released hehehe I WOULD BUY it hehehe thats hwo much i thought it was killllller.. like i say it was a VERY HIGH TECH show!!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 1:24 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Yep, saw that last night and was amazed. Mike : )

http://www.videogameconnection.com
Ebay User ID : vgc

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
DigitalDaredevil
Youngling/Initiate
Youngling/Initiate

236177 Tokens

Items:
I thought they were amazing too! So far it has been a pretty entertaining Olympics.

I do have a hard time believing that those Chinese gymnastics girls are at least 16. They look like they are 10 years old. Our girls at least are developed in their faces and their bodies. The Chinese girls look like their teeth are still coming in.

And what about the men's swimming. Incredible. Phelps is one of the greatest Olympic athletes we have ever seen.

patches/lb1mill patches/keystone
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:48 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Yeah, theres no way a couple of them are even close to 16. Phelps is unbeatable! World records abound. Go USA !!! But wheres the Televised Boxing? Mike : )

patches/pitfall patches/pitfall2 patches/hero patches/privteye patches/dec3gold patches/kaboom
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:55 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34884 Tokens

Items:
Hey Daredevil, I read your comment about the Chinese Gymnasts team (the other day) not looking that old.. and i didnt think anything of it.

Then like the next day, I seen some news video of the gymnasts and I seen the chinese team.. I am like MANNNNNNN they DOOOOOO LooK young!!.. I mean like some Preschoolers!!!! hehe!

I also seen that some of the USA MALE Gymnasts were falling down left and right.. and the CHinese team was kicking butt. hehe

Oh well i am not much of a sports fan just happened to see it on the news really quick thats all!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject:   Reply with quote
VGC
Grand Master
Grand Master

56810 Tokens

Items:
Well at least one of those girls is underage. Birth Certificate says she is 14! Looks like more medals coming to the USA. Mike : )

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> Chit Chat - (Not Game Related) All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: