Members
FAQ
Search
Shop
Lottery
Arcade
Login\Out

New Xbox Experience

Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX 360
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:31 am    Post subject: Question? New Xbox Experience Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
Hey everyone.. first off i am stillkina new to this whole xbox 360 world! EVen though i have been wiht theorginal XBOX for a few years now.. I am still tryign to learn the whole world of this new 360

I read somewhere online about this "New Xbox Experience " and i dont understand how to get it?! It seems all i am required to have is a HDD for it.. which i do have one. I read that it is an upgrade that you pop in and it upgrades your 360 with a whole bunch of new stuff.

But it doesnt tell you HOW to get the upgrade! There is no place to get the upgrade disk. does Anyone know of how to get the disk?!!? OR IS this just another one of them HOAXES?!

I also have another question abotu the 360:

WHen i first got my 360 I tried to play the OLD XBOX version of HALO 1 on it just to see if it would work, as i heard abotu the backward compatiblity... and well, IT WORKED!.. i was like kewl!

But now.. it displays the game under the ACHEIVEMENTS list with NO ACHEIVEMENTS to unlock... reason i guess is that the game wasn't made for acheivements.. but i dont KNOW HOW to get the game to stop displaying on the acheivement list! does any know how i can remove it?!

I went to MEMORY section on the PURPLE page.. and removed the game title from there.. but it still shows up on the acheievment list wiht no way to delete it!

Anyways i appreciate any information on these topics!

Thank you

cheerz

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:57 am    Post subject:   Reply with quote
admin
Master
Master

34882 Tokens

Items:
OK I NOW know what the NXE is. I got the latest issue of the XB360 MAGAZINE and in it it had a demo of HALO WARS.. (thats also a killer game too ). hehe but anyways.. before i could actually run the disk it said I needed to upgrade the dashboard. OK so i did it.

I was kinda freaked out at first cause i was like WHAT HAPPENED to my dashboard. I had no clue that was what the update was doing.

It took awhile to get used to. And after reading about what it was all about NOW that it installed on my 360 i was ok!.. I guess thats just part of life hehehe!

But i did notice some things were made better .. I WAS able to finally delete that OLD HALO 1 game off my game acheivement list... In fact.. for any game you have (0) ZERO acheivments for you CAN remove them games from the game list. With the oild dashboard i dont think that was an option!.. well if it was then i COULDNT find out where i could do that!

Second.. one thing i am not to fancy over the NXE is the dashboard colour scheme. I dont like the bright BRIGHT NEON colour of the blades that you see when you first boot up. I SEE there is NO way to change the colours!

The only colours it will allow me to change is the BACKGROUND image itself.. thats all!!! And thats NOT changing the colours but JUST the image itself.

Of course it allows you to change the colours of the new AVATARS skin, eyes, and hair clothes etc etc..

I wish it would allow for a complete custom setup where you can change the colours of everything, FONT colour, BACKGROUND colour etc etc, that you see on the screen to SUIT your OWN style.. that NEON GREEN is very hard to focus on!!

Also when you use the GUIDE button during gameplay.. there is that mini menu that comes.. i wish there was a way to change them colours too .. ALSO maybe an option to make the background more transparent!

That would be kewl?!?!

WHat about making a peronsal ICON that you can put on your MEMORY CARD?!

Or here is another one,. WHEN you want to take a snapshot to use for your GAMER PROFILE, of your NEW AVATAR waving or UPCHUCKING her cookies hehehe, How about allowing us to do it anytime instead of having to be ON LIVE to do it?!

What about the people that dont have live? We are able to use the stock images to set up a profile with. WHY NOT allow us to snap shot our AVATAR?!?! And use that as our profile image?!?! Or even just to save in a photoalbum, liek if you get that one priceless shot of your avatar.. you can save it as "precious moments" hehe and maybe export them to your PC to print out... that would be kinda fun! :O)

Or even better yet.... allow us to use our OWN CUSTOM BMP/JPG images that we import into the 360!

Just some thoughts to ponder on!

anyone elese have ideas or thoughts they want to share on the NXE dashboard?!

patches/lasrblst patches/spidfght patches/spacshu1 patches/freeway patches/megmania patches/skiing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    VIDEO GAME CONNECTION Forum Index -> XBOX 360 All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: